I was studying at the local Mcdonald when I spotted someone rather familiar at the counter. It was Mr Pinky, a old army mate of mine when I was serving in guards unit. He was with his pregnant wife, ordering takeaway for a late night supper.
It was a rather nice surprise seeing him, especially more with his wife, which I met for the first time there. He looked different and he sounded different. He is no longer the guy who never takes anything seriously. I cannot put a finger to the changes, but he is definitely not the same bitter person when his girlfriend of seven years broke up with him.
I watched as he bid his farewell and walked off with his wife. He has changed and I am happy for him.
Dear Mr Ron Chong,
I am flabbergasted by the content of your letter, I am even more stunned by the fact that you wrote in to national newspaper implying that gays have no morality nor values. The Penal Code is so important that in the event the Penal Code is abolished, your kids will become gay when they grow up? If that is the case, I pity your kids. You are the epitome of the ignorant and close-minded people that this country don’t need. I dread to see what kind of person your kids will grow up to be.
Everytime our society progress one step, comment like this take us back two.
This was written by Andy Rooney from CBS 60 Minutes.
Andy Rooney says :As I grow in age, I value women who are over 30 most of all. Here are just a few reasons why :
- A woman over 30 will never wake you in the middle of the night to ask, ‘What are you thinking?’ She doesn’t care what you think.
- If a woman over 30 doesn’t want to watch the game, she doesn’t sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do. And, it’s usually something more interesting.
- A woman over 30 knows herself well enough to be assured in who she is, what she is, what she wants and from whom. Few women past the age of 30 give a damn what you might think about her or what she’s doing.
- Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won’t hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.
- Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it’s like to be unappreciated.
- A woman over 30 has the self-assurance to introduce you to her women friends. A younger woman with a man will often ignore even her best friend because she doesn’t trust the guy with other women. Women over 30 couldn’t care less if you’re attracted to her friends because she knows her friends won’t betray her.
- Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over 30. They always know.A woman over 30 looks good wearing bright red lipstick. This is not true of younger women.
- Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 30 is far sexier than her younger counterpart.
- Older women are forthright and honest. They’ll tell you right off if you are a jerk if you are acting like one! You don’t ever have to wonder where you stand with her.
A train ride on the North East line always intrigue me, I am constantly amazed by the kind of thing one can see or hear or even learn! Just a short journey from Dhoby Ghaut to Sengkang, I have learnt that:
A terrorist always behave sneakily and they always wear a baseball cap. It helps if they have long hair.
They will always be carrying a black, bulky and heavy bag with them. Must be black ok! Other colours are not an option.
All the commuters have extremely exaggerated speech and movement. All the sudden, everyone speaks perfect English.
All the commuters are taught to pay special attention to people carrying a bag/ a parcel. Oh, and they should observe people who carries bag/parcel discreetly.
In times of evacuation, commuters are extremely well-behaved, no one are rushing to get out of the soon to be exploded train, there are no shoving and pushing.
Yes, it is the terrorism awareness video that is on repeat mode on the north east bound train. My gawd, the person who produced this video should be
dragged out and shot given a national day award.
Oh, did I mentioned that Tan Kheng Hua recommend that we should drain the water out of the vase even though we have fresh flowers in it. Poor flowers.
While at work today, The Girl sent me an SMS telling me that she will be collecting the makeup pouch that she left behind and the Wii. She is taking over the Wii since she will be on leave for the next three days.
I thought nothing of it until I came home just now, The Girl took the Wii and left behind the box so that I have at least a picture of the Will to look at. How sweet! LOL
On one of my rare journey in North East Line last week, I was standing next to a really smelly man. I saw a middle age couple caressing each other in the open view of everyone, and when I alight at Sengkang train station, I saw this:
A group consist of both foreign workers and locals making themselves comfortable in front of the video shop. Movie screening in the shopping mall, free seating somemore!
To: The Girl
Thank you! I really love it!