Sometimes when an incident happened that so profoundly change the way we think, we speak and we act.
Today is such a day for me. And ironically, today is my birthday.
I have mixed feeling about this incident because while it caused us so much sadness, anger, anguish, frustration and distress, it also brought me back to earth. It made me realised that:
- Families will always be there for you regardless what happen;
- There is nothing more important in life than your close ones;
- Money and keeping up with the joneses is not important at all. End of the day, it is not how big a car or house you own, it is not about how many zeros you have in your bank accounts nor is it about how lavish your lifestyle.
- A simple dinner with your love ones beats a expensive business dinner anytime.
- My wife is the most important person in my entire universe and I love her more than anything else in the world. My heart aches every time she is upset and my heart bleeds when the incident happened. To look at her suffering yet trying to pretend be strong for us really puts everything into perspective. There is nothing I like to do more than to hug her really tightly everyday when I reach home. Just to assure myself that she is for real.
So yes, Im done with the crying, the blaming and the anger already. I know I have to be strong for us and from today onwards, we have to live each and every day of our life in each other companionship and living the best and the most positive, and happiest way.
And I pray to whoever is up there, to give us their blessing. We just want to live happily ever after.